Purchase a carbon offset package for your binge watching. Life's pleasures don't have to leave a carbon footprint on the planet. Introducing lifestyle offsets, so you can make sure you're helping the planet while living your best life. Learn more now.
What Does Climate+ Mean?
How Can We Do Better?
- •Turning your thermostat down by 2 degrees.
- •Wearing clothes more than once before washing them.
- •Bike, walk or ride the bus to work!
- •Switch over to LED bulbs and smart appliances.
- •Try buying local, seasonal fruits and vegetables.
- •Use waxed cloth instead of plastic wrap for food.
- •Remember your reusable bags, mugs and cutlery for all outings.
The Impact Of Trees
What Does Offsetting Mean To tentree?
Where Do We Plant Your Trees?
This climate+ package assumes people watch 1.5 hours of Netflix everyday…. this does not include the common binge, we know you watched stranger things in one sitting.
Every half hour of Netflix watched emits 1.6kg of CO2. Since the average person watches 1.5 hours of Netflix per day, we multiply emissions per hour, by hours per day to get total emissions per day.
1.5 hours per day is equal to 3,30 minute segments.
1.6kg CO2/ half hour x 3 half hours = 4.8kg CO2 per day
To find the annual total we multiply emissions per day by 365 days in the year, this calculation gives us 1,752 kg CO2 over one year.
4.8kg of CO2 x 365 days = 1,752 kg CO2
In order to change kilograms into metric tons, we use the conversion factor of 0.001 tons for every kilogram. When we multiply 1,752 g by the conversion factor, we get 1.752 MT of CO2 emissions per year.
1,752kg CO2 x 0.001 = 1.752 MT CO2 per year
Link - Average Time on Netflix - https://time.com/4186137/netflix-hours-per-day/