OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
TEN TREE INTERNATIONAL INC.
THESE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES (THE “OFFICIAL RULES”) SET OUT THE GENERAL TERMS ON WHICH TENTREE MAKES VARIOUS SWEEPSTAKES, CONTESTS AND OTHER PROMOTIONS SPONSORED BY TENTREE (EACH A ‘TENTREE CONTEST). THESE RULES WILL BE BINDING ON ANYONE ENTERING A CONTEST. PLEASE NOTE THAT ADDITIONAL RULES SPECIFIC TO EACH TENTREE CONTEST WILL ALSO APPLY TO ANY ENTRANT OF A SPECIFIC TENTREE CONTEST (“CONTEST-SPECIFIC RULES”) AND SUCH TERMS, IN ADDITION TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL GOVERN PARTICIPATION IN THE APPLICABLE TENTREE CONTEST. IN THE EVENT OF ANY CONFLICT BETWEEN THE TERMS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE CONTEST RULES, THESE TERMS WILL GOVERN UNLESS THE CONTEST-SPECIFIC RULES EXPRESSLY VARY THE TERMS HEREOF.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A TENTREE CONTEST.
UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED IN THE CONTEST-SPECIFIC RULES, TENTREE CONTESTS ARE OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF QUEBEC) WHO ARE OVER THE AGE OF MAJORITY AS OF THE DATE OF SUBMISSION. BY ENTERING ANY TENTREE CONTEST, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU SATISFY ALL OF THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN RULE 2 BELOW (AND THE CONTEST-SPECIFIC RULES IF APPLICABLE) AND YOU ARE DEEMED TO HAVE READ AND TO AGREE TO BE BOUND UNCONDITIONALLY BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Each tentree Contest is sponsored by tentree and any other sponsor Contest-Specific Rules indicated in the applicable Contest Rules) and is open to any Entrant (as defined below) who has entered a Submission. Any violation of these Official Rules and/or the Contest-Specific Rules may, at tentree’s discretion, result in disqualification. All decisions of tentree or judges regarding this Contest are final and binding in all respects.
- Unless otherwise specified in the Contest-Specific Rules, all tentree Contests are open only to residents of the United States and Canada except:
- anyone below the age of 18 at the date of entry
- officers, directors, members, and employees and immediate family members of tentree or Sponsor (if applicable), the judging organization (if applicable), or any other party associated with the development or administration of the applicable tentree Contest, and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household, as such individuals;
- anyone who has been selected as a winner of a tentree Contest within the previous 6-month period; or
- anyone who fails to comply with these Official Rules, any Contest-Specific Rules or otherwise tampers with the entry process (eg. signing up twice under different names or aliases to increase changes of being selected).
At any time, tentree will have the right to request from any individual who has entered into a tentree Contest (each an “Entrant”) proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate. Failure to provide proof within a reasonable time or the provision of false or misleading information could result in the Entrant’s disqualification from the applicable tentree Contest. Tentree reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant who, in tentree’s discretion, does not comply with these Official Rules, Contest-Specific Rules or who otherwise tampers with the entry process.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. The odds of winning any tentree Contest depend on the number of eligible entries received. For sweepstakes/draws, winner selection will be conducted by random drawing from all eligible entries on or about the date identified on Contest-Specific Rules and for competitions, winner selection will be conducted by a panel of judges based on the criteria specified in the Contest-Specific Rules (the “Selection Date”). Any potential winner will be notified by email to the address provided on the contact form. If a potential winner: (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) does not respond within five (5) days from the date tentree first tries to notify him/her; (iii) fails to return the Release as specified in Rule 5; (iv) refuses the Prize (as defined in Rule 4); and/or (v) the Prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Promotion or receive the Prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Tentree and Sponsor, as applicable, are not responsible for any change in an Entrant's email address or for any failure whatsoever of Entrant to receive tentree’s notification or for Company to receive a selected Entrant’s response. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Promotion, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, such individual will be declared the “winner” of the Promotion.
For Canadian Residents Only:
Before being declared the winner of any random draw, a selected Entrant must first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill testing question to be administered by tentree or its representative by phone.
- The number of winners and prizes for any tentree Contest (“Prizes”) will be specified in the Contest-Specific Rules and the estimated retail value of the Prize will be indicated in the Contest-Specific Rules. Actual Prize value may vary based on various factors, including fluctuations in price. No Prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. No substitutions may be made for the Prize except by tentree and Sponsor, as applicable, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted. All federal, provincial, state or other taxes that may apply due to the receipt of a prize are the sole responsibility of the individual who receives that prize. Prize(s) will be delivered to the winner in accordance with the method specified in the Contest-Specific Rules. Tentree and Sponsor, as applicable, shall not be responsible for the failure of any proposed delivery method or for any damage to the Prize after it is given to such service or if factors beyond tentree’s and/or Sponsor’s, as applicable, reasonable control prevent the Prize(s) from being fulfilled/awarded.
- Before being declared the winner of any tentree Contest, the selected Entrant(s) may be required to sign a declaration of eligibility and release form (the “Release”) indicating that the selected Entrant: (a) has complied and agrees to comply with these Official Rules and the applicable Contest-Specific Rules; (b) accepts the Prize as offered; (c) will keep his/her winning notification confidential until notified by tentree; (d) releases tentree and Sponsor, as applicable, their agents, employees, contractors and any other parties to be added to the Release in tentree’s sole discretion (the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability arising from his/her participation in the Promotion or his/her acceptance, use, misuse or awarding of the Prize; (e) indemnifies the Released Parties from any and all losses that tentree and Sponsor, as applicable, may incur arising out of any act or omission by him/her in connection with the applicable tentree Contest or the Prize; and (f) except where prohibited by law, acknowledges tentree’s and Sponsor’s, as applicable, and their authorized representatives’ right to publish and/or broadcast the winner's name and/or statements without further compensation other than the Prize offered. The wording of the Release will be determined by tentree, in its sole discretion. Tentree may also add such other terms and conditions to the Release as tentree, in its sole discretion, may deem necessary. The selected Entrant must return the Release by the date indicated on the document. If the Release is not returned on time or is returned as non-deliverable, or if the selected Entrant in a random draw tentree Contest is Canadian and fails to answer the skill-testing question correctly or is disqualified for any other reason, the Prize will be forfeited and another Entrant will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries until the Prize is successfully awarded.
- Tentree and Sponsor, as applicable, assume no responsibility for and under no circumstances will either tentree or Sponsor, as applicable, or their agents, employees, contractors and assigns be liable to any person or business entity for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or other damages based on any Entrant’s participation in the Promotion, including for: (i) entries which are incomplete, unintelligible, lost, late or misdirected; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to failure of the Internet during the Promotion Period, any problems, failure or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, online or electronic systems, servers, access providers, computer hardware or software, incomplete, garbled or delayed Internet/e-mail computer transmissions on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof or other failures related to hardware, software or virus; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the tentree Contest; (iv) technical or human error related to the administration of any tentree Contest or the processing of entries; (v) any injury, loss or damage of any kind which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in any tentree Contest by any Entrant, use or misuse of the Prize or any part thereof; (vi) any use of the Website or any other website to which the Website is linked (including without limitation any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in connection with the applicable tentree Contest); or (vii) any Entrant’s failure to abide by the Official Rules or the Contest-Specific Rules. The limitations of liability set out in this Rule 6 apply, without limitation, to any lost profits, and will apply even if tentree or Sponsor, as applicable, have been specifically advised of the possibility of such damages.
- GOVERNING LAW. By participating in any tentree Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. All decisions of tentree and Sponsor, as applicable, with respect to any aspect of a tentree Contest and these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the eligibility of entries and the winners are final and binding on all entrants. The laws of the Province of British Columbia, excluding its provisions on conflict of laws, shall govern this Promotion. All disputes arising out of or connected with a tentree Contest or these Official Rules will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a court located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with respect to any matter arising hereunder or related hereto. These Official Rules together with the applicable Contest-Specific Rules state all of the terms and conditions governing the applicable tentree Contest.
- CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS. Tentree reserves the right without prior notice, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend any tentree Contest if, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Promotion is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond its control. In the event of cancellation of the electronic portion of a tentree Contest, tentree may randomly select a winning entry from all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. Tentree reserves the right to amend the Official Rules without prior notice if any factor interferes with the proper conduct of any tentree Contest as contemplated by these Official Rules. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter a tentree Contest and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the Entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the Entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS LIST
For a copy of these Official Rules or for the name of the declared winner(s) of any tentree Contest, send a request along with a self-addressed stamped envelope to: 1275 Venables St, Unit #230, Vancouver, BC V6A 2E4 or the address specified in the Contest-Specific Rules
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC GIVEAWAY
Friday APRIL 14 – 18, 2022
THESE CONTEST RULES SET OUT THE SPECIFIC TERMS ON WHICH TENTREE PROVIDES THIS GIVEAWAY (THE “CONTEST”). THESE RULES WILL BE BINDING ON ANYONE ENTERING THIS CONTEST. PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE CONTEST RULES ARE SUPPLEMENTAL TO THE TENTREE OFFICIAL RULES WHICH SETS OUT THE GENERAL TERMS ON WHICH TENTREE SPONSORS AND PROVIDES ALL TENTREE CONTESTS. IN THE EVENT OF ANY CONFLICT BETWEEN THE TERMS OF THE OFFICIAL RULES AND THESE CONTEST RULES, THE OFFICAL RULES WILL GOVERN UNLESS THESE CONTEST-SPECIFIC RULES EXPRESSLY VARY THE TERMS THEREOF.
- ABOUT THIS CONTEST
- This contest is part of the National Geographic x tentree Campaign
- USA and Canada
- PROMOTION PERIOD: 12pm ET on April 15, 2022 and ends at 8pm ET April 17 2022 when all entries must be received.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
- ‘Like’ the National Geographic x tentree post on tentree’s Instagram
- Tag two friends in the comments of National Geographic x tentree post on tentree’s Instagram
- Follow both @natgeo and @tentree on Instagram
- Two pieces of the winner’s choice from our National Geographic x tentree Collection
- Two prizes will be given away