Purchase a carbon offset package for your toilet paper hoarding. Life's pleasures don't have to leave a carbon footprint on the planet. Introducing lifestyle offsets, so you can make sure you're helping the planet while living your best life. Learn more now.
What Does Climate+ Mean?
How Can We Do Better?
- •Turning your thermostat down by 2 degrees.
- •Wearing clothes more than once before washing them.
- •Bike, walk or ride the bus to work!
- •Switch over to LED bulbs and smart appliances.
- •Try buying local, seasonal fruits and vegetables.
- •Use waxed cloth instead of plastic wrap for food.
- •Remember your reusable bags, mugs and cutlery for all outings.
The Impact Of Trees
What Does Offsetting Mean To tentree?
Where Do We Plant Your Trees?
This climate + package assumes a city of 100,000 people, hoarding 10 packages of toilet paper each.
A standard roll of toilet paper emits 1.8g of C02. Let’s assume you are using a 12 pack of toilet paper. This means each package emits 21.6 grams of CO2.
12 x 1.8g = 21.6g CO2
In order to change that number from grams to metric tons, we will use the conversion factor 0.000001, and get a total of 0.0000216 per pack.
21.6g x 0.000001 = 0.0000216 MT CO2
Let’s assume that an individual is hoarding 10 packs of toilet paper - so 120 rolls of paper. This would emit 0.000216 MT of CO2.
0.0000216MT x 10 packs = 0.000216 MT CO2
Let’s translate this number to a larger city, with a population of 100,000 people. If everyone in the community was hoarding 10 packages of toilet paper, the community would emit 21.6 MT of CO2.
0.000216 MT CO2 x 100,000 = 21.6 MT CO2