What Does Climate+ Mean?
How Can We Do Better?
- •Turning your thermostat down by 2 degrees.
- •Wearing clothes more than once before washing them.
- •Bike, walk or ride the bus to work!
- •Switch over to LED bulbs and smart appliances.
- •Try buying local, seasonal fruits and vegetables.
- •Use waxed cloth instead of plastic wrap for food.
- •Remember your reusable bags, mugs and cutlery for all outings.
The Impact Of Trees
What Does Offsetting Mean To tentree?
Where Do We Plant Your Trees?
This climate + package assumes 1-2 avocados per day - on avocado toast, in your favourite salad or for guacamole.
Two avocados emit 846.36g CO2, which means one avocado emits 423.18g CO2.
846.36g CO2 / 2 = 423.18g CO2 per avocado
A person eats between 1-2 avocados per day, so let’s assume about 500 per year. In total, this would emit a total of 211,590 grams of CO2 per year.
423.18g CO2 x 500 days per year = 211,590 g CO2 per year
In order to change from grams to metric tons we use the conversion factor 0.000001 and get approximately 0.211590 MT CO2
211,590 g CO2 x 0.000001 = 0.21159 MT CO2
Over seven year this would equal 1.48113 MT CO2
0.211757 MTCO2 x 7 years = 1.48113 MT CO2